Wednesday, November 24, 2010

thanksgiving blog marathon-5

Tomorrow 11-25 10 is Thanksgiving Day here in the US. Just for the sake of seeing if I can do it I decided to post a blog on each of my various sites (no not myblank) that are themed about thanksgiving and what I am thankful for. Ready? Blog number five- I am thankful for...






I am thankful for, my health.



In February of 2008 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was about to walk into an adventure of the kind I had never faced before. Part of me wanted to run and hide, while another part of me realized that there had to be a reason and to go into this with a positive attitude.



The surgery wasn't too bad, there wasn't too much pain and I was able to return to work after two days. At work they took care of me by giving me easy assignments for a while. I was given time to heal.



The radiation treatments were not the most fun I've ever had. They left me exhausted, at times barely able to take that next step. I had to give up all of my favorite junk foods because the processed sugars made the exhaustion worse.



Even as tired as I was, I loved my walks. I had to go out there and find my peace in the same places where I once played. The quiet of the woods were healing.



Here it is, nearly 2011. I am cancer free and have regained most of my energy levels.. I can even enjoy some good junk food from time to time.



so for good health, I am thankful-








check my facebook profile for links to the other blogs








































Blessed, a collection of God given inspirational poetry by Rebecca Stepp Revels is available now @

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=2137587

and now also at

Amazon, Books-a-Million and Barnes and Noble .com





The Legend of Dragon's Doom:a Young Warrior's vow, by RS Revels is available @

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/the-legend-of-dragons-doom-a-young-warriors-vow/7505820

and other online sites





also @ Bookin' It, your mobile bookstore @ www.bookin-it.com



Available now @ http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/blessed-in-his-promises/12670945:

Blessed in His Promises

No comments:

Post a Comment