Sunday, August 10, 2014

Considering You Lord

In the midst of the storms thundering around me
the rains of strife and fear pouring down,
You are my shelter, You are my refuge
Drawing me close to You, covering me with Your peace
What took so long, to realize what it is like
when I consider what You have done for me
Why did I hesitate to draw near to You

In my youth, I heard Your voice, speaking within my heart
calling to me, inviting me to come to You
Offering what no one else could, what nothing else could
serenity in You, a peace that can be found nowhere else
forgiveness for the sins of this earthly heart
Cleansing of a stained life by Your mercy and grace
What took so long, to realize, what it is like
when I consider what You have done for me
How could I take so long, to draw near to You?

In the time of troubles, I heard You
speaking softly to me, letting me know You are near
always so near to me, even when I wandered
You still remained, watching over me, watching over my life
waiting for me to see, how far away I had grown
the wrong paths that I had taken, leading me away from You
all the while You waited, knowing in time, I would realize
when I took time to consider what it is like
to walk with You, close to You through every storm
to walk with You along every pathway in this life
because of what it is, that You have done for me

Heaven's glory you left, to come to this place
God becoming man, to take on what no one else could
Walking this earth with a message of hope and words of love
Teaching all who would listen Your words of compassion
When I read Your Word, how could I not consider who You are
An apostle of our confession, sent with the authority to reveal God
To bring God to us, to me, so we may see
When I read Your Word, how could I not consider who You are
High Priest for our confession, standing between us and God
Your blood spilled, given for our transgressions
So that we, so that I, may draw near to God, and know God the Father
Whether I stand in the high places or struggle in the valley I can boast in You
Your peace surrounds me, Your love enfolds me
Your most merciful grace heals and forgives me of all I have done
How my Lord, my Savior
could I not consider You?

No comments:

Post a Comment