Saturday, July 13, 2013

Thoughts, Words and Photos

My neighbors must have wondered about me a few moments ago. (But then when is that anything unusual?) There I was out taking photos of the flowers in my yard, in the rain.  I love flowers and have planted those that I hope will draw butterfly, hummingbirds and bees. I also love the color that flowers add to the landscape and to our life. Raindrops on flowers just add a different feel to them. Something a little special.

As I've mentioned before, we have had a lot of rain here lately. So getting photos of raindrops of flowers is much easier. Plans that I had for today fell through so as I sat here, I heard it once again begin to rain. I walked out onto the front porch and watched as water once again pounded the soggy ground. When it had slowed to a heavy drizzle I went in and got my camera.
hanging out on one of the bushes that line my driveway

found in my backyard-photo shot through the screen

waiting on the geese-I do love living in the country




could have sworn this rose started out a darker red




caught unprepared for the rain


butterfly bush

my garden gloves left on the fence

No comments:

Post a Comment