Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Challenge, a Request, a bit of information..and a big thank you as well

Check this out....request and offer at the end...

Well, we learned something the past two days. When it snows in the south...especially the deep south... everything stops. Cold. Traffic on interstates and on side roads came to a standstill, schools and businesses were closed, emergency first responders were begging people to stay home. Over a few inches of snow. Of course it is true that as a rule we do not have to deal with snow as our neighbors to the north and west of us do on a regular basis.We don't have the snow removal and preventative equipment and we are distracted in our quest to obtain that bread and milk.

We were warned late last year that this would be a cold winter. Many scoffed at the idea, naysayers laughed and ridiculed those who were concerned and tried to prepare. My own husband mentioned that we were given pretty much the same warning every year so I shouldn't be worried. But I know me, and I don't do cold well. Once I get cold, it is extremely difficult to get warm...and when I get cold, I become a big baby. I whine...... I complain.....I drive my son to distraction as I try to get wood for our wood burning stove. (He is blessed in that he doesn't get as cold as I do and has been known to run around barefoot with snow on the ground.)

I say all of that to get to this.

You know by now that I am and have been a participant in and supporter of the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life for the past 6 years. As a cancer survivor, I try to do what I can to help put an end to cancer. I support the fundraising in the hopes of supporting the research to find a cure/ preventative for cancer. I want to help fund the HOPE House, the Look Good Feel Better programs, the wigs/ hats, the rider programs and all of the other ways that the ACS is working to fight cancer.  One of the ways of course is in fundraising. Ever so often we are issued a challenge, the one meeting the challenge of course is recognized in some way, shape or form. And yes, we have been issued a challenge..
As shown in the picture.. the one raising the most money between now and Sunday Feb. 2nd will receive a Relay Blanket..now, that is something that would help keep me warm..so, if y'all would be so kind as to help me win this blanket by donating any amount, large or small, I will do two things..one I will not complain about being cold (unless the power goes out or the temps drop to some record level) and I will give the person who donates the most a prize..I'm not exactly sure what yet but it will be something worthwhile I promise. You would then be accomplishing two things.. one you would be supporting the fight to end cancer and you would be gaining a time of quiet from me at least in dealing with being cold.....

You can see me personally, I will gladly accept a check made out to the American Cancer Society or..
You can donate easily online here: This is my personal page:

Remember as well, I have a fan page on facebook called HEART for a Cure. I'm sharing information that I find as well as personal stuff from time to time..Help put an end to cancer..we have all been touched in some way..together we can help so that no one else has to hear the words, "You have cancer". Together..
We are still accepting and collecting canned goods for the Lumanaria bags and taking orders for those same Lumanaria bags $10 each either in honor of or in memory of...we are also still seeking corporate sponsors just message me..
Thank you for all you do to help in the fight against cancer..



No comments:

Post a Comment