Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Bella's Day Outside


                                                  Bella playing in the Dandelions the other day

Today Bella spent a large part of her day outside. I'm glad that I didn't know about it in advance as I'd have worried all day. As it was, when I got home from work, she met me at the gate happy as could be. I'm sure being outside was a lot more fun than being cooped up in the house. I'm sure the cats liked it better as well.

 Our front yard is fenced, so there was no fear of her running off. Thankfully now she has grown too big to fit through that small gap in the gate. The yard is still beg enough and she is still small enough that there is plenty to investigate without needing to seek bigger, better or more on the outside. The yard is also plenty of shade trees as well as the front porch with its cool cement floor to rest on and stay somewhat cool in this summer heat. Sad thing is she did kill a flower. I'm not upset with her....as long as she stays away from my tomato plants. There is a large bucket of fresh water near Buddy's dog house (in the shade) and a couple of other containers of water that are left for them.

I kept peeking out the door through-out the afternoon, just to be sure. She was fine out there, her and Buddy. She alternated between playing either by herself or with him, or stretched out under the chair on the porch. At the rate she's growing she won't be able to do that for long.

I went out late in the afternoon to try out a new camera lens and of course that led to my being totally attacked. She has this thing about feet, ankles and blue jeans. So far she's put holes in two pair of my jeans, but I guess that just puts me more in style. I'm trying to break her from that because even as I know its just puppy stuff, I don't want that particular habit to carry over. I did get a few photos taken in spite of Bella.

I didn't go into the garden as I know she would have managed to follow me and she is a destructive creature. I know it isn't malicious, but its still deadly to plants and I don't want my garden harvested and ripped before it has a chance to produce.

Bella will be coming in soon. Her room (the bathroom) will be ready for her. I know that she will be good and tired and ready for a good night's sleep. So that at 4 in the morning she can start once again demanding to be let out, whether I'm up yet or not.

I love this pup- life with her is one grand adventure after another.

No comments:

Post a Comment