Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Ideas, plans and good intentions

                   This is a section of the yard beside my house. This is also where the septic tank and drain field is, making it a more fertile growing area. Still yet, this is a mess. This, is a portion of my summer vacation plans.
                    I honestly don't feel all that bad that we-- I-- can't go anywhere for the week of the Fourth. I honestly do not mind, celebrating Independence Day here at home. Yes, it would have been more fun to spend at least a portion of the week in Tennessee with my family, but since that isn't going to happen, I've made other plans.
                   I, am going to reclaim my yard.
                             

                       Wood that has been stacked along my driveway for too long. I'll have to use a long handled shovel or hoe to move this out of where it rests, just in case something long and slithery has taken refuge underneath any of it. The last thing I want is to be snake bitten and end up in the hospital. I think we have an ax somewhere. Most of this should be easy to break up and stack on the pile that remains from this past winter. I do know that if I start on this, there will be a lot of beetles unhappy with my actions.
                                       
                           This is beside the carport. (We won't even mention, and there are no photos, of the inside of the carport) I'm not even sure what part of this mess is, and this is more mess that will need a long handled utensil int he moving of stuff. The car I can't move. I'm going to try and find someone who buys junk cars. James was going to try and repair it, but he waited too long.
                                        


 Directly behind the house. Weeds, vines and bushes that seems to have sprung up and taken over. I'm almost afraid to walk out the back door for fear of spiders and or snakes lurking about.
                                            
 I'm not sure what it is, but hopefully it will be easy to pull down and drag off down the hill.
                                      


  This is over on the far side of the yard. It looks as if nature is trying to reclaim what was once hers. And to think, we once had an above ground pool over here.
                                                       


                    The top photo is of the mess around my mailbox. I just cleaned all that out a month ago. I knew it would come back, I just didn't think it would do so quite so quickly. The other two are along my  fence along the dirt road. I had not mowed because every time I do, everyone coming in or out think the road has gotten wider as they drive up almost to my fence. I need to break down and mow it though as it is definitely snaky looking.
                     I have a lot of work ahead of me. I have to get this done, my husband would be so ashamed to see the place this bad. I'm ashamed that the place has gotten this bad. I won't offer the excuse of working and having all the other stuff to take care of. It needs to be done, and since I'm off next week, I'm making the list and putting it out there and hoping that y'all will help keep me accountable.

  Getting  this up may be a little tricky, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

      






No comments:

Post a Comment