Tuesday, September 13, 2016

count down to 60----don't be boring

The email read, stop being boring.
Well thank you, your opinion of me really , well, hurts, or it would if it were personal. It was, however, one of those mass generated mailings meant to get your attention and get you to do something like spend your money. I'll be honest, I didn't even read the entire thing, largely because what I read, I had read countless times before. The thing is, the information it was sharing, does make sense. if you want people to remember you, talk about them. When you talk about them, you make them feel special and important.
 Personally, I love talking with others and learning about them. Another I'll be honest, when we meet for the first time, I will probably not say a lot. It is not because I'm conceited or stuck up. It is not because I do not wish to speak with you. It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with me. I'm not really shy, I do tend to listen a lot more than I talk when I'm in a group, but that is because my conversational skills are greatly lacking. I also know that I have this weird sense of humor (thanks dad) and there are times that I have left people wondering if I wandered away from my keeper.
It has been my experience that the people I meet have wonderful and important lives. Even if their life is not the best, it is important. Wait, how does that work? If you have a chronic condition, if you have an illness, or have financial concerns, your life may not be the best, but there are always points and moments that make it wonderful. A person you love may come to see you, you may see rainbows when you love rainbows, or butterfly or humming birds. You may be to spend time doing the one thing that has special meanings for you. there is always something, you simply have to be receptive and see it.
 I don't feel that one must be famous, rich, politically motivated, or any of the many other ways that they would be well known to everyone, to be special.
We are each and all special in our own ways. We each and all have a story to tell. We each and all have something to share to make this life more interesting and better.
One does not have to put on a uniform of some sort and go out to save, to protect, to serve, to rescue. One does not need to be a doctor or lawyer to earn respect and attention.
One merely has to breathe to be interesting. We all are interesting in some way. We all have that something that makes us individuals and worthy of a good conversation.
What gets your heart stirring and for what reason?
Where do you want to go, why?
What is on your own bucket list?
What did you do as a child? Do you still know, see, talk with the people you grew up with?
Do you ride horses, bikes, motorcycles?
Do you write, do you sing, do you paint, do you sew- what?
What is the story of your heart?

I have friends who raise birds, friends who teach, friends who are police, in the medical profession, who crunch numbers and I love talking with them in some form or others. You never know what lessons you will come away with. You never know how your heart, mind and spirit may be touched and forever changed.
By taking the time to listen, and learning not to be boring..

No comments:

Post a Comment