Saturday, March 5, 2011

falling rain and dreams






Listening to the rain,

falling

outside the window

the soft sounds filtering thru

a sad rhythm

pounding on the unraked leaves

puddling in the places

the dogs have dug into the earth

as I listen

the muted grays of a winter not done

fill my vision

thru curtains of lace

raindrops, rolling down the pane

clinging, to the newly emerging leaf

of the still sleeping bush

warm inside

a fire burning, keeping the chill away

lamps, burning

keeping the darkness at bay

as I listen

to the falling rain

giving drink to the earth

cleansing the air

singing sad songs to one wishing

for the colors of spring

how different the rains of winter

not yet ready to let go

than the rains of summer

soft and warm

filling the puddles for bare feet

and toy boats

dreams of childhood

reflecting back from my window

while I listen

to the falling rain

missing loved ones

whispering their name

praying they are safe

as they travel

somewhere far away

watching with care

watching with detachment

the falling rain

and I dream













take that spellcheck-- its my poem and I can make up words if I want to.



While writing this, I was thinking of the rain falling outside and how grey and dreary it is. I was thinking of my husband driving in the rain somewhere out there.. but I was thinking of other things as well..

those that are diagnosed with a life threatening disease- not just cancer- and how they are suddenly faced with watching a different rain falling as they dream of the past and what was, while facing what is to come. A time of finding our inner strength and peace.





































Blessed, a collection of God given inspirational poetry by Rebecca Stepp Revels is available now @

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=2137587

and now also at

Amazon, Books-a-Million and Barnes and Noble .com





The Legend of Dragon's Doom:a Young Warrior's vow, by RS Revels is available @

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/the-legend-of-dragons-doom-a-young-warriors-vow/7505820

and other online sites





also @ Bookin' It, your mobile bookstore @ www.bookin-it.com



Available now @ http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/blessed-in-his-promises/12670945:

Blessed in His Promises



All books available @ Poor Richard's Book Shoppe @ www.PRBookShoppe.com



http://main.acsevents.org/goto/rebeccasrevels

No comments:

Post a Comment