Thursday, July 7, 2011

forever changed

Forever changed




I am forever changed, in You

in my memory I recall

things I have done

in my heart, I know

things I do

so wrong, so very wrong

tainted and stained



I weep



broken and remorseful

a heart contrite



yet, I know

even as I mourn my mistakes

I know

Your love



forever changed



from the moment I heard Your voice

calling

from the moment I saw Your light

shining

from the moment I felt Your touch

forgiving

healing

loving



I was, I am

forever changed



nothing in this place

can take me from You

nothing, will stop Your love

for me

as You watch me stumble

watch me fall

see me



weep

turn away

from earthly ways

turn back

to You

yet again



even as my human nature

fails

falls

realizes

again



Your Spirit within

remains

steady

never changes

never bends

never leaves

Your Spirit within my heart

keeps me



forever changed



separate from this world

separate from earthly failings

separate

not better

different

changed

forever



in You





No comments:

Post a Comment