Saturday, July 16, 2011

I know from where my strength comes



Pain

It will not win, for I know

where my strength lies

I know, yes I know, where it comes from

for even in the pain

suffering of the heart

not the physical,

even as the emotional pain is strong

hurting as a wounded body part would

it will not win

I know, yes I know

that the One who loves me

waits

I know, yes I know

all I need to is bend the knee

take to Him that loves me

all that worries me

take to Him that loves me

all that hurts me

the storms and trials

the worries and fears

they will not win

they will not drag me into the darkness

the one who wishes me harm

who seeks to destroy what I know I have

drag me away, taunt and tease

create a distance in the relationship that I have

with the One who loves me

planting worrisome thoughts

self defeating, seal destroying thoughts

in a head foggy with self pity

planted, by the one who seeks my destruction

one who thinks if he can break the bonds of love

faith and assurance

that he will win

but I know, yes I know

where my strength lies

I know, yes I know

where peace waits

wrapped in love, saturated in forgiveness

sealed with mercy and grace undeserved

I know, yes I know

from where my strength comes

waiting, for me to come

to ask, simply to ask

from bended knee

for the strength, power and wisdom

to defeat the pain that will not defeat me

for I know, yes I know

from where my strength comes













































Blessed, a collection of God given inspirational poetry by Rebecca Stepp Revels is available now @

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=2137587

and now also at

Amazon, Books-a-Million and Barnes and Noble .com





The Legend of Dragon's Doom:a Young Warrior's vow, by RS Revels is available @

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/the-legend-of-dragons-doom-a-young-warriors-vow/7505820

and other online sites





also @ Bookin' It, your mobile bookstore @ www.bookin-it.com



Available now @ http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/blessed-in-his-promises/12670945:

Blessed in His Promises



All books available @ Poor Richard's Book Shoppe @ www.PRBookShoppe.com



http://main.acsevents.org/goto/rebeccasrevels

No comments:

Post a Comment