Monday, August 29, 2011

my heart's dream





I will never be the most wise

but that is not I want

for with wisdom

comes great responsibility



I will never be the most wealthy

but that is not what I want

for with wealth

comes the responsibility and the lack of trust

of all who approach



I will never be the most beautiful

but that is not what I want

for with beauty

can come vanity

with great beauty

can come the abuse of others



I will never be the strongest

but that is not what I want

for with strength

can come the abuse of power

can come the mistreatment of others



I will never be famous

but that is not what I want

for with fame comes responsibility

for there are those that watch the actions of the well known

to be a role model

wanted or not



What I want, what I have

is a dream

to share the things of my heart

in the manner of which I am driven

whether it is through the images on my camera

whether it is through the words on the page

what I have, what drives me

is a dream



and I will not let it go

allow it to go

for it is my heart
 

No comments:

Post a Comment